Carlton ABS

Hi

Ive got a Vauxhall Carlton 2.0 CDX. 1990

It had a broken ABS sensor which I have changed.

The ABS light still doesn't go out after the self test time.

I have checked the resistance of all the sensors and they are all around

1000 ohms. This reading is obtained at the ABS control unit as well.

The car has also had a new brake pipe fitted culd this have caused a problem.

Do any of you have any thoughts as to what may be causing this?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
Phil Cousins

Gary Millar

Thanks gary

Unfortunately the ABS light stays on before the car has moved.

It seems the error is with the control system somewhere.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Cousins

You'll love this, a mate's Honda Accord Coupe 2.0 (Import) recently had the ABS warning light come on, he paid £300 for a new ABS unit, this did not cure the problem.

It seems that these cars disarm the ABS system if a rear brake light bulb has blown!

Andy

Reply to
Denley

I'll check before I do anything else!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Cousins

I should add

The ABS unit was unplugged as a precaution when some welding was carried out recently. Could this have caused a problem?

Phil

Reply to
Phil Cousins

Well, if it wasn't plugged back in....

:-)

Try making sure it's all plugged back in correctly.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Unit plugged back in correctly and brake lights both working!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Cousins

It was the relay that supplies +12v to the ABS unit that was not working.

Reply to
Phil Cousins