LED Readout on laguna dash

My S reg 2.0 litre laguna Executive has a LED readout for the milage and computer functions ie oil level check at start etc. It has now got so I cannot read it only in the dark with the lights turned off. It is displaying the milage and all other functions but is just not there in daylight.

Reply to
tarmacfitter

Is there a dashboard illumination control? Usually it's a thumbwheel on the dashboard down behind the steering wheel somewhere.

Knowing Renault it's probably only accessible if you detune the radio and open the sunroof...

Reply to
PC Paul

The bulb(s) behind the LCD has probably blown. Replacements cost pennies.

I have never taken the instrument cluster out of a Laguna to change the bulbs however, I'd hazard a guess that it's probably not a lot of fun.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I've done it and it does not take long. A couple of screws around the display area housing and it will pull off. The trick is to remember that your steering wheel is adjustable and pulls out towards the driver. This gives you enough room to remove the small consol area and replace the LED's. Mine were 30p each from a local car shop. Can be done in 30 mins once you remember to pull the steering wheel out and local the screws which were underneath if I remember correctly.

Reply to
Merlin

tarmacfitter thanks for the info I wiil try this as soon as possible

Reply to
tarmacfitter

Give the top of the dash a really firm whack. Works on Italian cars, should work on French.

Reply to
fishman

Nono, on French cars, that causes the entire instrument pack to crumble into dust.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I removed the dash it was very simple. Changed all 3 bulbs and reassembled dash and hay presto I now know how many miles the missus is doing while Im at work. many thanks for your info and help.

Reply to
tarmacfitter

Who's she shagging?

Reply to