PUG 106 Keypad Immo Problem

I have a PUG 106 (P Reg) here with a keypad immo (inside looks like there is a HC05 micro). The keypad has S & C on it and not * & # if that makes any odds.

The car has been into the garage for mechanical work (engine mount and drive shaft) and whilst in the battery was disconnected as part of this work.

Now, when the ignition is turned on the red and green led's are both on on the keypad and I cannot enter the original code and start the car. The buttons do beep when pressed st this stage (whilst both the red and green led's are on).

After a while both leds go out. BUT I cannot then enter the code as there is no beep or flashing led when a button is pressed on the immo.

Any ideas as to the fualt?

Cheers

Reply to
CB

I should also say that the car is a diesel.

Reply to
CB

Take it back to the Garage. they should do it for you free as they took the batt leads off.also why was the batt disconnected to do the drive shaft and engine mount?never heard of this before,

Reply to
Chris

Dunno why, garage has no idea what the problem is. Pug want more than the car is worth. I've dumped out the HC05 in the keypad and the immo code is still there and correct. I'll take the ECU to bits tomorrow to see if the code is OK there.

Reply to
CB

Sounds like a good bunch of t.... they should do it for you if they know what they are doing,(seems to me that they dont )

Reply to
Chris

Just for the hell of it, does it have a fuel cutoff switch? Black squar thing with usually a red rubber top near the N/S strut turret. If this was accidently hit it may have activated and when it does it puts on the red and green light on the keypad. Try pushing the rubber button and then starting it.

Reply to
nigel