maintainance manuals

is there anywhere online where I can get engine diagrams and maintainance procedures rather than buying a haynes manual?

Reply to
AK

ebay :-). Or if you tell us the car we might be able to point at some sites but you're going to end up wanting a manual.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

maintainance

Reply to
AK

snipped-for-privacy@bt> >

Stop being such a pikey and get onto Ebay and spend a fiver.

Reply to
Dan405

Ford TIS CD, I bought a copy on ebay for £2 inc postage...

Reply to
Tony Bond

Being able to use

effectively helps lots.

Depends on what car you have. If you want the manuals for free, first buy the right car - one with online manuals, active internet supported owners club with technical forums (or just try Yahoo groups). As others have pointed out pirate CD's for lots of new models where the factory manual comes on CD are to be had on Ebay. For older cars with paper manuals, it either takes someone with the dedication to scan them in as pdf's or you look for a paper copy, again Ebay may be your best online bet.

Nissan 200SX RS13 and S14 UK manuals are online as 26MB pdf's at 2.5 web sites (one has had bandwidth issues so they come and go). Factory manuals make Haynes manuals look like a sad joke. Porsche 924 or 944 manual appears to be online in about 10 parts but I haven't got one so I didn't bother downloading it. Lots of other 924/944 online info, including fairly good online DIY procedures of with pictures, like replacement of torque tube bearings which involves dropping the rear subframe. Skyline has some stuff like engine and eccs wiring diagrams but not the manual. Lots of older nissan eccs roms can be reprogrammed using a freely available ROM EDITOR. Need a £35 eprom programmer to blow the new program into a chip.

Peter Hill

In article , Dan405 writes

What is a pikey?

Watch out for the postage & packing charges.

Reply to
DP