Master Cylinder Repair Kit

Hi all Anyone know where I can find a master cylinder repair kit for a 1995 corsa b? Ive googled till me fingers bleed but have drawn a blank Cheers Trev

Reply to
Trev

repair Kits have been much less used since the cost of master cylinders came down. your one is only about 40 quid. cheap for a very important component.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I don't think hydraulic repair kits have been readily available for some years. They would be mainly for 'trade' use, and hourly rates are so high now that it's not worth the time and effort to try to repair something like a master cylinder.

A new M/C is around 60 quid trade, and to strip, clean and reassemble one would cost more than that.

In any case, often, the seal fails when a normally unused, and hence corroded, part of the cylinder is used, for example when bleeding. A repair kit would not overcome that problem.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Hi all Anyone know where I can find a master cylinder repair kit for a 1995 corsa b? Ive googled till me fingers bleed but have drawn a blank Cheers Trev

Hi all If anyone cares to repair their brake parts may I recommend this place

Helpful and knows his stuff decent prices too. and does master cylinder repair kits :)

Reply to
Trev

Looks good, well found. can't actually see any master cylinder kits at present, so what will your kit cost?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

But if you go from the main menu to Online Store > Brake Master Cylinder Kits, the page says 'We're sorry, our Brake Master Cylinder Kits range is currently being updated'

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Looks good, well found. can't actually see any master cylinder kits at present, so what will your kit cost?

No kits in the online store but sent the man an email and a speedy reply came back with part number and price, And at £18 inc p&p good value methinks. I would rather reseal mine than put a used one on from the scrappy so Im a happy bunny :)

Reply to
Trev

do you know that your one is in good condition internally? the usual reason for failure is corrosion pits. at 40 quid for a complete new one is it worth the time and effort?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It'll last only a fraction of the life of a new cylinder. If you're keeping the car you'll be doing that job again.

Reply to
Arty Effem