swapping master cylinder

Hi gang, my old 61 style master cylinder in giving me troubles. I replaced it last year and have replaced the top grommet twice since. I've heard you can upgrade the master cylinder to a newer year model. Anyone know what year and the procedure in the swap? Pics? thanks..

Reply to
MicroBiz

swap:

Unscrew the fittings going to the brake lines.

detach from the brake pedal ( under car, pull the cotter pin, remove the pin, pull from the pedal)

remove 4 13mm nuts + washers. remove hose clamp that holds tube onto the reservoir. Pull the tube off.

Reply to
jboothbee