Mechanics

Is it me or does the average garage mechanic treat doing up bolts as a test of strength and virility?

Lying on my back trying to remove a Disco 2 starter motor, I spend much time cursing the guy I'd got to change the gearbox last year. I'm not weak in the wrist and the damn things were about twice as tight as they should have been. And I actually remembered him worrying about whether he'd got the inaccessible one tight enough. Garrrggghhhhh!!!

I suppose I'm lucky he couldn't get an air gun in there....

Reply to
Scott M

They have to be tight because the action of the starter motor loosens them!

Reply to
The Revd