Megane scenic 2ltr 03reg

Hi all Got an intermittent starting problem...That comes and goes. You try and start the car and it just won't fire up. wait a couple of mins or try it right away sometimes and it works. It will be fine for months then the same problem returns. When it wont start the starter motor turns and you can hear the fuel pump. Any suggestions? I've been to a few garages but the fault doesn't appear, and there's no sign of one. Although one garage did offer to replace a number of "Expensive" bits to try and FIND the problem. Cheers

Reply to
rivermersey

My neighbour's 2 litre 04 scenic did this too. Exactly the same symptoms. Failed to start, got towed away, started with no atention, and has now been fine for several months, no fault found...

Reply to
Chris Bartram

"rivermersey" wrote in news:oMw6i.58105$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Does it do it only when the car is cold? Could be a sticky relay. Find out where they are and give them a thump.

Reply to
Tunku

Funny - I was going to ask on this group just this AM about my wife's

2001 1.6 16v Scenic. Same symptoms, just a little more frequent than the car you describe.

I'll take her car out a few times to see if I can get it into a non-starting condition then check the relays and report back.

Simon

Reply to
Simon Burley