Mercedes C180 Viscous Fan problem

The cooling temparature on this car goes to 120 degrees and the thermostat is fine. How do I test the viscous fan?

Reply to
SPal508596

On both my cars you can hear it lock up by the increase in fan noise. They work on the temperature of the air going past them, so it's possible the engine is hotter than the rad where it gets this air from.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well with the temp gauge supposedly showing 120 and the engine smelling hot and switched off, the viscous / fan should be pretty much locked solid to the hub.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.