OT; Recommendation for insurance company?

This is slightly off topic, but I thought it a good place to ask. A drunk driver crashed into my car which was written off. I have been disappointed with the incompetence of my current insurance company in dealing with the claim, it's a long story but I had to take them to the small claims court to get some money off them which they owed me but wouldn't send. I will be looking for a new insurance company at renewal time, so I'm asking for recommendations from anybody who has had a claim recently and was happy with how it was sorted out, or anybody, like me, who has had poor service from their insurance company. Thanks in advance.

Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff Jackson

In message , Geoff Jackson writes

Try uk.rec.cars.misc or uk.rec.driving

Reply to
Paul Giverin

liverpool victoria is one of the cheapest on the market but i haven't made a claim in the last 8 years so i don't know how any company fares incomaprision

the last claim i had was with admiral, and they are crap

Reply to
dojj

In news:g8QRc.230$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net, Geoff Jackson decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Strange, Liverpool Victoria were excellent in 2001 when I had two claims with them. Absolutely superb in fact. The first claim was my own fault (flung my Integrale into a roundabout, then discovered said roundabout was covered in Diesel... a short trip down an embankment and one dead Integrale), and that was dealt with in a matter of about three weeks. No problem at all. Second was when some dozy bint in an accident courtesy car pulled out of a stop junction in front of my much beloved SD1 Vitesse and totalled it. That was settled in about a month, admittedly I'd have liked the Vitesse repaired, but they paid £1500 for it, and that was the value of the car at the time so I couldn't argue.

Reply to
Pete M

disappointed

Thanks, I'll do that.

Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff Jackson

disappointed

Thanks for the reply, but my present Insurance Company is Liverpool Victoria. Very efficient when it's time to renew but unbelievably incompetent in dealing with a claim.

Geoff.

Reply to
Geoff Jackson

I had an excellent experience with Norwich Union Direct. My wife had nudged someone's car in a car park and they'd said it was only minor damage and they'd let us know. 3 months later there was an enormous bill left in my wife's pigeon hole. We hadn't reported it to NUD, but they were great and fixed it all for us. No lectures, no fuss. We took our car to their nominated bodyshop who took some digital photos and emailed them to NUD and got the go-ahead by return and our car was back to us in 3 days. Brilliant service!

Reply to
TTT

Zurich - Crap - This time I took my £30 extra along to Norwich Union Recommended to me by a colleague... not had any cause to claim as yet..... touch keys!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton