Using 16" factory alloy wheels from '93 Concorde on '03 Grand Caravan Sport?

Hi, my 3.5L '93 Chrysler Concorde with factory optional 16" alloy wheels just gave up the ghost (threw a rod), and being "in the family
way" I am (sigh ...) replacing it with a 3.3L '03 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, currently running on the factory standard 15" steel wheels.
It occurs to me that before scrapping the Concorde, maybe I should try to use the wheels off of it on the GC Sport -- especially since I live in Wisconsin & plan to buy dedicated winter tires for this van, I figure it makes a lot of sense & convenience to mount the winter tires on the 15" (and narrower) steel wheels, and the summertime tires on the 16" alloys. Not only would each wheel size make handling more optimum for conditions, but I would also have less hassle in swapping at the end of each season, no need to take tires off rims.
But ... my only question is, will those 16" factory option alloys from the '93 concorde go on the '03 Grand Caravan Sport? I know lug nut configuration, etc matters, but I'm not sure what else to worry about (does width matter that much, if wheels are 6.5" or 7"?), and I'm not sure where to go to find out the lug info. If it is useful information to anyone, the tires on the '93 Concorde are 225/65r16.
It seems to me that if I could find the specs for the 16" '93 Concorde alloys & the optional 16" wheels that were available for the '03 Grand Caravans, that I could just compare those two, and if they match exactly, I am good to go? (and if they don't ... I don't know then what) Does that make sense? Does my idea for using the 2 sets of wheels make sense? Anyone know where I can find the info to confirm it will work? Ideally I would love to get an answer to this question straight out :), but even just a pointer in the right direction would help a lot.
Thanks for reading!
Mark
nahhhhhhh send those wheels to me to put on my 94 concorde!! LOL

Mark wrote:

Half the answer is here: http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid 837 - kind of like the sound of one hand clapping.
I can tell you that the bolt pattern *is* the same. The other considerations are offset, and strength. I do know that people have definitely gone the other way, i.e., used the Caravan wheels on LH cars with no trouble. Don't quote me on this, but I believe some of the wheels on LH's and Caravans came from the factory with the same wheel for certain configurations and certain periods of time - but again, I could be wrong.
One thing in your favor: You're wanting to put wheels on a vehicle that presently has smaller wheels. If you were going the other way, if the brakes were different sizes, you could have a problem with the smaller wheels not clearing the larger brakes. At least that is not an issue for what you're trying to do.
Hopefully someone here will have a definitive answer for you. If not, you might also try posting to www.dodgeintrepid.com and the 300M ezboard - people there are always pushing the edge and know what works and what doesn't.
just curious.........when going from 15's to 16's....is the speedo gonna work right ?

robs440 wrote:

It just means you go to a lower profile tire to keep the effective tread diameter and circumference (distance traveled per rotation) within the tolerance band expected for speedometer and odometer. Chrysler does that on their production vehicles with different size wheels - with few exceptions, the tire size is made to give the same speedometer/odometer readings with no adjustments in the computer pinion factors. You should simply find out what tire size came on the van if it had come with 16" wheels from the factory, and go with that.
Here's a well-known and useful page to look at - it allows you to determine what totally different size tires will give you the same speedometer reading: http://www.miatanet.com/garage/tirecalc.html . If you check the two factory tire sizes (15" vs. 16") with that page, it will show the difference in speedometer reading to be small (insignificant, for example, a 1% error in speedometer reading would be 0.6 mph at 60 mph).
Weren't the 94 LHS wheels used on Town and Country's? Call the Chrysler parts department and ask them if that's the same wheel. It sure looks the same to me. My point is, of course, that if so then your wheels will fit.

What tyre size are you currently using on your Grand Caravan?
Gerald