micra gearbox

My daughter's N reg Micra gearbox has been very noisy for some time now, but this week it jammed in gear and she had to get the AA out to get it brought home. AA man says it's the diff that's gone. What I need to know is what sort of a job will this be, she's been offfered a choice of 2 gearboxes at a scrappy for £75 each, is this a fair price and is there anything to watch out for.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

they are easy to change, without a stripdown you won't know if a scrappy one is good or not, so ask if you can exchange it if noisy.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful