Mk1 M reg mondeo cam belt

It's gone. If I try to fix things what will need replacing and how much will it cost? With the age of the car I imagine it might not be worth trying to repair it. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
richardscholes

Sometimes you'll hear a rattling as the cambelt flaps against the cover but not always.

Not Ebay unless you can go see it.

Reply to
Conor

M reg Mundane? Unless you've another engine already sat next to it, or you've some bizarre devotion to it, then it's dead. Just not worth fixing, giving the high cosst of even investigating how broken it now is, and the astronomical cost of fixing the damage that's very likely to have been suffered.

Reply to
Andy Dingley