MK3 Mondeo Bushes

My 4 year old Mondeo came back from it's MOT last week with an accompanying note saying that the rear crossmember bushes were torn/worn. I assume only one of the bushes are damaged but a short google reveals that this is a more common problem than Ford are letting on. Has any regs on this group heard of something similar. My car is out of warranty now but if this is a common fault it might help my case to get it repaired a good sight cheaper than the £350 I've been quoted!

Many thanks!

Reply to
!Speedy Gonzales!

"!Speedy Gonzales!" wrote in message news:uwi4e.4043$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

It's a common fault. The rear subframe bushes seperate (just like all other ford bushes), and the subframe starts knocking against the floor pan (heard any knocking from the rear going over big bumps recently?).

Unfortunetly it's a new subframe job, as the bushes aren't available seperately. And then you've got to get the rear suspension geometry reset.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill