MK5 Golf temp slow....

Any viewers here have a prob with the engine taking a long time to reach 'normal' temp? Today was 6c outside and the engine took more than 25 mins to reach temp, Even when it has been below 0c the engine took a few mins to reach temp. The heater in the car isusually like a fan heater at your feet until the cabin reaches 21c, but today just luke warm, the coolant level is fine , at lunchtime I started the car and left it on tickover for 15 mins and still only reached 70 on the guage, the top hose was warm not hot. Is this a trip back to the stealers? TIA

Reply to
Avanti

simondeo

Do you mean open?

Reply to
Avanti

Sounds like the thermostat has failed in the usual fully open position, allowing the water to rush through the radiator regardless of temperature. I duuno about MK5 Golf prices but it's usually a very cheap and easy part to replace in most cars.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray
[snip]

Popped out to the takeaway , and all seemed to be well last night, will see how I get on this morning....

Reply to
Avanti