Mondeo disks and pads

Just had the Mk. 1 Mondeo MOT'd and had an advisory on front disks and pads.

Any suggestions on best price/performance sets to fit? Spends a fair bit of time on fastish roads but (I like to think) gets driven smoothly with not too much braking. It does get the occasional fun drive though ;-)

And being as it lives in Wales, anything theat helps in the wet would be good too...

Oh yes, and I'm doing it, so any gotchas would be appreciated. Done it before on an Ovlov about 10 years ago but that's it...

Reply to
PC Paul

Just get recognised names. Avoid EBC as they eat discs. Don't buy cheap crap discs as they tend to warp.

Reply to
Conor

Easy enough job.

I think you may need a 7mm allen key (can't remember though)

What I do remember on mine is the disks were stuck on fast and needed heat and big puller to get off although others recommend an angle grinder and chisel. Luck of the draw on that i'm afraid. Use copper grease to help prevent it happening again.

Also others recommend draining the fluid when pushing back the piston to prevent damage to the abs pump. I personally have never done that (but always push the piston back very slowly) and have not had a problem. I would be very surprised if fast fit places do that. But you should be aware that it could be an issue.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Edwards

The official manual for my Volvo (Bosch ABS System) doesn't say you have to do that. It just illustrates using a pair of waterpump pliers to push the pistons back. Even so, I always crack the bleed nipple, just to be on the safe side.

Stu

Reply to
Stu