Mondeo DMF failure

Hi all,

Ihave an 02 registered 51 plate 2.0 L HE petrol Mondeo with 53,000 miles on it. I am pretty sure that I have a DMF failure - in fact the local garage bloke says 98%. He also suggested I should visit my local Ford dealer and tell them of the problem as they ( Ford) had received a lot of complaints on this issue.- Can any one tell me has there been a service recall from Ford relating to this and further more if true does this mean -given my call is well out of warranty - Ford would do the work for free?

Reply to
Ian

Yes it is a common problem although I'm not aware of any recall on the mondeo, I know the Galaxy has had a recall for the DMF's but it is a VW unit not Ford

Unlucky for me, my Galaxy was built 2 weeks before the recall date & even though mine has failed they wont replace it

You can check for recalls here

All for the sake of a smooth gear change, why don't they stick to solid Flywheels?

Reply to
A C

My Mundane DMF went AWOL at about 20,000 miles. Ford mechanic told me they had loads of them back. Mine was making a hight pitched whistling sound which, if you changed your speed and gears you could bloody near play 'God Save The Queen' on it. Repaired under gaurantee (stripped and some parts renewed), but stil a bit noisy. Gear change is a bit shitty but might be clutch needs adjusting, (wait for it?) remove gearbox job on my model.

Reply to
Merryterry