Clio Indicators

Hi all Still no joy with the Clio indicators the only indicate left even when you signal right, Indicator switch replaced, hazard switch checked,earths checked, all by an autoelectrician. So it looks like we are going to have to spend =A3400 on this module thing. Any other ideas before we part with the hard earned. The Clio is an 02 model.

Thanks Dave

Reply to
djkeates

I fitted a hazard light switch in a Kangoo last week. It had an almost similar fault. The switch cost less than =A325. Took less than 5 minutes to replace.

Worth trying first ?

Reply to
NT

Seconded. Hazard warning switches cause an unbelievable amount of such=20 faults.

--=20 Conor

"No trilogy should have more than four books" - Arthur C. Clarke

Reply to
Conor

Just one- take it to an auto electrician who's actually competent. This is what they are trained for, he should be able to pinpoint the exact cause of the fault- not play guessing games which could result in you spending a lot of cash needlessly.

Morse

Reply to
Morse

Has this so called autoelectrician had the car connected to any diagnostic kit capable of diagnosing the body control module?

Going by the fact he seems to off replaced/checked random components, I'd doubt it. With the proper kit, he would be able to check the switches are working, and that the body control module isn't throwing up any faults, I know on some BCMs, if the load is drawing too much current, the BCM will cut that load off, and it doesn't necessarily log a fault. The fault only becomes apparent when the circuit itself is tested.

Reply to
M Cuthill

The message from Conor contains these words:

Particularly on Corsas of a certain age as they were mounted between the hot air vents and didn't like getting hot.

Reply to
Guy King