Mondeo heated washer jets

I've got some heated washer jets for my Mk.1 Mondeo from a scrapped Ghia

- but unfortuantely they were stripped by the scrappy so I didn't see where the connections were made.

I've heard that sometimes the loom has the connector already in place, but not in others. I just want to be certain mine hasn't before finding a decent 12V supply for them.

For anyone with heated jets:

- Where is the connector? (two pin black rounded plastic on the ones I have)

- how well do they work (i.e. are they worth the hassle to fit them)?

- are they ignition switched, or with the screen heater, or what?

They only have thin (7/0.2?) wires, so I'm guessing they don't take huge currents like the screen heaters do.

Reply to
PCPaul

mark smith

Thanks, that is a help.

It seems like the sensible place to put the switch. If only my front heated screen worked, I wouldn't need the heated jets anyway!

That reminds me, must look at the windscreen excess on my policy ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

Heated washer jets are still pretty nifty, though... :)

Reply to
DervMan

Wish I had some on my 306... Hmm, time for a question!

Reply to
Abo

I've just downed a bottle of wine so excuse me if I'm wrong but I will look tomorrow.

As far as I can remember the two core lume runs from the passenger side, (Near the cruise control box, will look at the wire colour tomorrow) and up the hinge, I seem to remember the first connection was just before the first jet so I don't think you will have the wires on your car but they are switched with the mirrors and screen.

Can't say I have noted any difference, but I use a screen wash with antifreeze in it any way.

Like I say I will have a look tomorrow for you..

Reply to
reevco62

Cheers. The wires on these have two connectors, one by the first jet then another on the end of a fly lead, I guess this is what went down to the bulkhead. They cut the wires after this one so at least I still have the right connectors even if it isn't loomed in already...

Reply to
PCPaul