Mondeo Washer Problem

Yesterday my 98 Mondeo w/screen washers failed . I had thought that they were just frozen but today when I tried them ,after checking the level of course, only the back one was working . When ,however,I was parked outside a shop I noticed a pool of washer fluid under the front of the car so what i suspect has happened that a tube has come astray from the pump because of having been frozen and now the fluid is spilling on to the road . I had a quick look but the bottle is ,presumably, behind the front drivers wheel.

Is it relatively simple to get access-removing the wheel ?? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

You can on the MkI, or from underneath remove the undertray and use a pair of long nose pliers If you do it yourself, use a small jubilee clip to secure it and always use and additive as this should prevent it from freezing in the first place. Jon

Reply to
Jon

Its actually a Mk2 so I dont how much difference there is ? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

(Mondeo washer bottle freezing)

None at all.

Despite a classic chance for Ford to correct the inherent design fault in placing the washer bottle effectively in the cold air blast as the car moves forward, they didn't :-(

I've had the same problem on both a Mk1 and a Mk2 - cure is the same. Jack up drivers side front wheel, remove wheel, remove/peel back inner arch liner and then you can (well, if you're a gynaecologist....) get access to the bottom of the washer bottle where the pump attaches to the small water hoses.

It's a sod of a job though, due to the lack of room to get access to it :-(

Reply to
Neil Barker

Too right !

I've had this happen twice to me in 18 months of owning my MKII ST200. First time I paid Ford to do it. £35. The second time I think I'm going to need to spend about £135 in chiropractor fees !

-- Andy Jenkins UK Broadband Usergroup :

Andy Jenkins

ARGHH ! Sods law eh?

Bloody pipe came off this morning - fluid all over the place !

Oh well .. time to get the chiropractor on my mobile I recon - that or a trip to that "OK-Diy" place if its any good.