Mondeo locks - can anyone help?

Hi - hope someone can advise me here as I'm a bit lost. I bought an X-Reg

2-litre Mondeo Zetec on Saturday but didn't drive it until today as I had to tax it first. No problem until this evening when I went out and couldn't lock the car. The remote on the key does nothing. It has been OK up till now although I'm such a new owner that I've only used it a few times.

There is a red light pulsing on the dash next to the buttons for changing the clock time. I've never noticed whether this is on or off before, as I've only been out in the car twice and have never driven the car in the dark until now!

If anyone recognises this problem and knows the solution, I'd be really glad to have their advice.

Tom

-- Tom Morgan Military Books

Tom Morgan

Have you checked the battery in the remote?

Reply to
Brian Reay

You can still lock it with the key? Remote batterys would be favourite but they can stop communicating for no apparent reason. There are ways to reset it.

It's the alarm, it's supposed to flash. I assume it goes off when you start the car?

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

If you do need to reset it.

Pretty straight forward, all in all.

John

Reply to
John Duffey

Thanks for the interest, all. To answer a couple of questions:

The alarm doesn't go off when I get in, start or drive the car.

If the red light is the alarm, it's staying on all the time and pulsing slightly. My daugher, who has better hearing than me, says it's also clicking.

I can lock the car with the key.

I haven't checked the battery in the remote as I've heard that there may be a problem (depending on type) if you open them up.

Best wishes -

Tom

Reply to
Tom Morgan

If the light is staying on and blinking while the car is running then the alarm has a fault - take it to fords for an alarm diagnostic - or back to who you bought it from!

MattF

Reply to
Matt F

Thanks, Matt. Fortunately the car has a warranty and it's booked in for Friday morning. It's good to go armed with a bit of knowledge so that you can tell them what you think it is.

Best -

Tom

Reply to
Tom Morgan

Thanks to all who offered advice. The car went back to the supplier this morning and they sorted it. New control unit, I think. It all works properly now.

Thanks again -

Tom

Reply to
Tom Morgan