Vauxhall/Opel Astra 1.7dti

Hi,

I've got an Astra 1.7 dti (16 valve Isuzu y17dt engine) in cold weather the engine stutters quite badly (no problem in starting just Kangaroo juice) as I say only in cold weather anything below 10 degrees C during the summer it's fine first noticed the problem last year and thought it had been sorted during the summer only to return with the cold weather. I've checked fuel filter and injectors have been tested there are no air leaks in the fuel system any sensible sugestions greatfully accepted.

Reply to
Ralph Bayley

I used to have a Cavalier 1.7 TD with the Isuzu engine and I'm "fairly" sure the diesel filter had a heater in it. You say its a low temperature related cause so it may be worth looking at this. When I changed the fuel filter it was a donut shaped piece with plug on it that came undone with the filter as you unscrewed it. Always hard to get a seal on it after replacing the filter. Not a definite pointer to the problem but worth checking.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds

Thanks Bob I'll check it out