Mondeo Mk3 wash/wipe

Is it just me...

or would anyone else like to disconnect the link between the screen washer and the wipers?

At least then, you can try the screen washers without having all the mud and crap smeared across the screen by the wipers, when you find the screen wash is frozen!!

I managed to disconnect the link on previous cars, but cannot for the life of me find out how to do it on the Mondeo. I've looked at the wiring diagrams and disconnected different (and all) wires between the wash/wipe switch switch and the GEM, but the wipers still go, when I push the washer switch.

Anyone know a way of disconnecting the washer/wiper link please?

Reply to
Proteus

"Proteus" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Just you. SWMBO's pikey-spec 205 has no intermittent, so no "link". It annoys the crap out of me.

Have you considered using a strong enough mix of screenwash not to freeze?

It's entirely possible that there isn't one, in these days of body control computers, multiplexed electronics, and stepper-motor wipers.

Reply to
Adrian

+1 - although i use 50% screenwash 50% water all year pretty much - cheap at costco :)

What i also hate about the Mk3 wash jets is the way that the tailgate jet is more like a dribble down the window rather than a spray.

Theres plenty coming out and it dosent seem blocked.

MattF

Reply to
MattF

In message , Adrian writes

That worked for me on Xmas day. The only hazard that day was watching out for cars with frost covered windows and giving them a wide berth.

Reply to
Gordon H

Yup, most useless 'improvement' I've ever come across. Auto wipers are quite good though.

Reply to
Duncan Wood