mondeo no tick over

hey all

i found my problem was the MAF censor wen i had no power an spluttering now i have full power wen toe down but no tickover when hot or col revs drop and die fast at every junction any ideas???

this is on a l reg mondeo zetec engine petrol 1.

-- thunda478221

Reply to
thunda478221

Idle speed control valve. Stupid £ from Ford, or I have one here for £20 delivered.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

hi

is this definatly my problem then and is there anyway of fixing mine??

thanx dav

-- thunda478221

Reply to
thunda478221

More than likely. You can try removing and cleaning with carb cleaner and liberal amounts of WD40. Should improve things for a bit, but will ultimately fail soon enough.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

have you checked the air pipe that always goes (below and behind the coil pack)

Reply to
mrcheerful

*just a thought*, probably been mentioned already, but the post is now too long to read completly.

could it be that the ecu could be reset by disconecting the battery for so many minutes, then retraining the ecu.?

i dont know the method, but im sure someone on here knows how to do the method.

Reply to
bongo

have you checked the air pipe that always goes (below and behind th

coil pack) [/i][/color]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- could it be that the ecu could be reset by disconecting the battery fo so many minutes, then retraining the ecu.?

i dont know the method, but im sure someone on here knows how to d the method.

hi thanx for the replys ive recently checked the EGC diaphram (by sucking the pipe on the fron and you can hear the diaphram move as you suck and no air comes throug after a while) im guessing this is fine ?? also my MAF connection was held on by tye wraps and today i went to th scrappy and got a proper connection so eliminated that and got (presumably) working power stearing preasure switch which i found made n obvious diferance to me as i still have no tickover when warm also power not as good when running slow but when you put your foot dow its fine (thanx to fixing the dud maf i had lol) also checked all through plenum for leaks but all tight and fine there also got another pulse air injection solunoid at scrappy not put it o yet though as for the idle speed control valve and the crank case breather valve couldnt even find them i think this is lookin like a garage job for me

k thats given you lot somat to read thanx alot dav

-- thunda478221

Reply to
thunda478221