Mondeo rattle

Anyone know how to cure the very irratating rattle I get on my Mondeo?

Its a 1998 model, and it occurs when the running at low gear speeds, eg around 20-35 in 3rd, and around 30-45 in 4th. It sounds like its coming from the front (drivers side I think).

Any help much appreciated as its very annoying.

Thanks

Reply to
Scooby Doo

It could be many things but the most likely is a coin (or similar) in the door pocket or a screw driver in the boot.

DP

My '98 Mondy has a tap-tap-tapping sound at about 30 or so. Its the anti-rollbar bushes at the rear. I'll get round to "doing" them sometime. I'm in no hurry :)

Paul

Reply to
Paul King

Thanks Paul.

Actually I don't think its the rear bushes, its a creaking-type noise probably caused by the plastic dashboard and only occurs at low revs.

When I accelerate I can hear the noise but it goes away when I release the gas pedal.

Anyone know what it can be, or where I should look?

Thanks again

Reply to
Scooby Doo