Mondeo Remote key - changing battery

I'm having trouble getting to the battey in my keyfob to change it?

The diagram of the keyfob in the Mondeo Owner's guide is different from my key. The diagram shows a keyfob with the keyring loop in one corner. My keyfob has the loop along the top. I have tried to follow the instructions in the guide

So far I have managed to open the keyfob to expose the miniature circuit board. The battery is on the other side of this. I cannot remove the circuit board (it's probably not a good idea to do so). There is some covering over the battery but I cannot prise it open. Any extra force would probably snap it off.

Can anyone please let me know how to get to the battery?

Many thanks

Jo

Reply to
Jo's Mail