Mondeo tailgate gas struts

Quick question - does anyone have an idea how much a pair of tailgate struts are for Mk 1 mondeo?

TIA

Trev

Reply to
Trev

=A310 tops from scrappies.

--=20 Conor

If you're not on somebody's shit list, you're not doing anything=20 worthwhile.

Reply to
Conor

But if you get them from the scrappy make sure they work first. In particular remember that a tailgate with no window in is considerably lighter than a complete one and can sometimes still be opened by knackered struts...

David.

Reply to
Roy Linley

Check out your local motor factor. They should have generic ones - often of the same make as the 'Ford' ones - for less money.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Roy Linley wrote

What I would like is some king of powered struts to raise the hatch of my MK 2 Mondeo. :-) The Cavalier had a nicely balanced door.

Reply to
Gordon

Talking about Mondeo tailgates -is there a trick to getting the tailgate to stay up. Should it just be a case of opening it to its full extent and it should stay up or what ?? . Sometimes the one on my Mondeo comes back down again . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

You also need new struts, then.

Stuart Sharp

Reply to
Stu

They all loose pressure after time. The giveaway is if they work better on a hot day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman