Moss!

Hi all,

My girlfriends car has become a little overgrown with moss about the sun-roof seal!

Anyone got any tips for getting rid of it - or shall I just get some industrial strength weedkiller on there?!

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

In message , Andrew Ratcliffe writes

I don't think weedkiller will touch it. I would be tempted to scrape off what you can and the wipe with a fungicidal solution like the stuff from Cuprinol or similar.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

"Andrew Ratcliffe" mumbled:

Milton...the stuff for sterilising brewing equipment and baby bottles will keep it clear.

Reply to
Guy King

Milton is basically just a low stength solution of sodium hypochroite and sodium chloride. A much cheaper answer is to use a duluted supermarket bleach (i.e imitation Domestos), but be sure to rinse thoroughly afterwards, as sodium hypochlorite is corrosive to most metals. Don't forget to protect your eyes and hands.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will take a look in the cocktail cupboard and see if there's some suitable stuff in there :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Scrub it with an old toothpaste. It's not exactly firmly rooted !

Reply to
John Laird

Oh, for crying out loud... toothbrush, obviously.

Time for bed, said Zebedee !

Reply to
John Laird

Methalyted spirit

splash it one let it dry a few days later the moss will be gone....

works a treet on flags - you can water it down - im still working out how much by for optimum clearing

so far 1:4 works in the watering can with te rose

and seems to prevent re growth

Reply to
Tom Burton

Nice solutions, but watch that paint

go and get it jet washed just make sure it doesn't get TOO wet in there as it's going to get the doors wet :)

Reply to
dojj

Christ. Must remember not to come round your house for drinks.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon