MOT and Lights

yup, good memory :)

still doing it incidentally, though not as bad as it used to be for some reason - colder weather? If it were easily reproducable it would be a whole lot easier to track down!

Reply to
barry

I had a quick read yesterday and I'm faily sure that the ABS light should come on and off as normal, if it stays on this indicates a fault and is a fail point. Read here

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

correct operation of the abs warning light system IS part of the test, whether the abs operates is NOT checked

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

OTTOMH, servo on RHS, fusebox on RHS inner wing.

Reply to
Conor

yep indeed, they just use the lamp as an indication of a correctly functioning sustem. You couls always wire the abs light to the charge warning circuit then a faulty system would appear to be working.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

not quite, they have a chart on the wall which tells them what the correct sequence/timing of abs lights should be for each car, so going straight out might not be right for the car !!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

indeed, I've not heard if this method fools testers or not, I like my cars to be 'right' rather than just getting them through a test.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Also sprach Mr.Nice. :-

One of the reasons I use a non-repairing garage. In London I used to use Cricklewood bus garage. They didn't give two hoots whether it passed and knew me well enough from doing my fleet of minibuses to know that I was interested in safety not passing.

Reply to
Guy King

I give up. Wazzit mean?

Reply to
Chris Street

Off the top of my head, I don't know. Have you tried googling?

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Wouldn't that be OTTOMHIDK. HYTG?

Reply to