MOT emissions - should you get a printout ?

I didn't get a printout this year to see how mine compared to its last test - should you normally get one, or is it pretty much irrlevant if it passed anyway ?

Reply to
Colin Wilson

i never got one this year when i had the mot on my car, mind you, since it passed the mot, i do not really care what the emmisions read at.

Reply to
banjo

If you've had the car for two or more years, an increase to just below may be noteworthy.

Reply to
DervMan

they are kept for three months at my mot place

Reply to
mrcheerful

The emissions & smoke testers MUST produce TWO copies of the printout as per VOSA's regulations. The printouts must hold details of Test Station number, vehicle reg, mileage, date / time of test & test results. One copy for the VTS to keep for 3 months - The other to give to the vehicle presenter.

If you haven't had one, ask for a photocopy...

If they can't give you a copy, ask yourself 'Did they actually test the emissions ?' - If not, what else wasn't tested...

Reply to
NT

The place is trusted by the mechanics where I work, so I think its fair to say they're not just taking the money.

I did get a failure a couple of years ago on a tyre I thought had been ok, so I know they're happy enough to fail on borderline stuff...

Reply to
Colin Wilson