MOT Question

Can a garage refuse to examine a car?

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Of course. No company can be forced to do business with everyone or anyone who comes along.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Yes, lack of petrol, flat tyres, even just very dirty, insecure load, dangerous condition or load, loose seat. There are loads of perfectly acceptable reasons listed in testers manual. They may just not like the look of the vehicle or presenter.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (IanDTurner) mumbled:

Yes...if it's filthy or dangerous to examine.

Reply to
Guy King

Apparently you have to have a very good reason to refuse to sell somebody food, somebody told me it's illegal for a shop to refuse to sell food to a person without a very good reason.

Is this true, or Ball*$%&

Andy

Reply to
Denley

They can say that the food is "not for sale" or has been "withdrawn from sale" to a specific person.

Or ban someone from a shop. After all, it is private property.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

There's a corner 'sell everything' shop I stop at on the way to work at about 0700. One day a woman called me from the house next door and asked me to get some milk and cornflakes. She was young and appeared healthy, and was fully dressed. I thought she was taking the piss and ignored her - it was even a sunny morning. I got a mouthful about it being for the kids and didn't I care. I said I didn't. There are other shops within easy walking distance including a Savacentre. ;-)

Turns out she'd been banned from the shop for shoplifting.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Reply to
Tony Morland