Alternator Suppression

Gents,

I'm new to this game and after some sound advice... I've got a noisy alternator in my Rover 45, resulting a high pitch whine on my speakers... anybody know a remedy?

Many thanks

Jay

Reply to
Jamie

An inline suppressor in the feed to the ICE unit would probably be the best bet. The alternator should already have suppression built in, but it will only be so-so effective - it's usually left to the equipment to do the rest. Could be other things, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

It's a wild guess, but maybe an alternator suppressor... ?

Reply to
Lordy

You need to buy a "Ground Loop Isolator", for about ten quid, from any Car Audio supplier.

If you have a factory fitted stereo system, then your problem is due to dodgy earths - check em out.

Reply to
Nom

Do you have an external amplifier? If so try to keep the input feeds to your amplifier as short as possible.

Reply to
dsr