MPG Peugeot 807

What sort of MPG should I get from a recent 807 HDI?

The on board computer is telling me 30MPG mixed driving but the dealer said it would return 40-60 depending on towns/motorway.

Have I been lied to?

Reply to
Dick

Dick gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

As with any other vehicle, it depends entirely on how you drive it.

Reply to
Adrian

29.1 is the official urban fuel consumption.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

Dealers tend to be economical with the truth - they are trying to sell you something after all. Probably not lying, but just saying it may be capable of that mpg if you drive with a feather foot, lightly laden and mainly motorways...

Reply to
asahartz

The best we get on a trip 6.2lt/100km from a 2.0 HDI wagon the official figures are 4.7lt average all round. No chance in obtaining their figures. On record attemps they say over 1000km on a tank yet the tank is only 60lts. Go figure, the truth is very speculative.

Reply to
Rob

Manufacturer mpg figures are calculated theoretically using emissions data. Getting them in the real world tends to be somewhat mythical.

However there are still expert "economy drivers" who can squeeze every last inch of of each gallon of fuel. It's no longer a major motorsport event (though perhaps it ought to be!), though in the 60s it was very big. The Caravan Club continued the event as a towing economy competition until a few years ago. But when manufacturers do it, they use a simple oval test track so that the car can be put in top gear and cruise at its optimum speed for hundreds of miles - no changing gear, hills, or acceleration to use more fuel!

Reply to
asahartz

60mpg? From an 807? You're having a laugh!!!

45mpg would be a good top figure. I would say middle to late 30's in mixed driving.

As no doubt this has a DPF, you can knock a further 1-2mpg off for that too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

This one is actually returning 31 MPG. It is brand new. I am having almighty arguments with the dealer over it and am thinking of sueing for the return of my money. He told me 40-60MPG. I do drive very light footed and suspect that 31 is typical.

Reply to
Dick

It's got to loosen up before it will give you the best mileage and you should be booting it to avoid glazing the bores and to loosen it up. You want to get it into the highest gear as soon as possible and light acceleration defeats that.

Reply to
rp

I reckon 'e's 'avin' a larf. My old Citroen Synergie (1.9) was more economical than my later 2.0 hdi but the best I ever saw from it was about

50mpg when the tanker drivers went on strike and I drove *very* carefully. 60mpg from a bigger, heavier varient seems incredibly optimistic.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

We have a 307 touring 2.0 hdi. It developed a knock in the motor at

500km. The motor was stripped and they could not find a problem. Installed a new long motor. The new motor always used oil 7.5lt in 12000km. Plus otherstuff like a self cracking windscreen then leaks. They must have spent at least 50% of the car's value trying to make repairs which never suceeded.

Eventually we received a new replacement car at 14000km.

The old car averaged 8-11 lt/100km the new one now does 6-8lt/100km trip/ round town this is more reasonable.

Reply to
Rob

*STOP* !!!!

Pussy-footing it around is the worst treatment you can give. Honestly, it needs its nuts thrashed off for the first 2-3000miles. Give it to your 18yo son or charlie croker for afew months.

You'll be back shortly telling us the DPF is blocked and you are sueing the garage yet again....

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..