multipla problem

Just lately, we have been having problems getting the car in gear, mostly from starting in the morning. Today, I cant get it in first gear, I had to reverse off the drive, and it crunched a bit to get reverse. We have a multipla 1.9jtd 2 years old. does anyone know what the problem could be ?? should this sort of thing be under manufacturers warranty ?? I know this maybe a daft and obvious question to some, but, I know nothing about cars , nothing at all. I've had a company van for 19yrs and it shows.I've not had to worry about repairs or spares. p.s What the heck is a glow plug ????

mike

Reply to
mike

It's a typical Fiat problem. They can't make a gearbox that's easy to use when it's cold.

A change of gearbox oil will help, and is cheap enough to have done.

Other than that I wouldn't worry about it.

My understanding is that it helps cold starting of diesels by raising the temperature in the combustion chamber.

Reply to
SteveH

Even less subtle than that, it literally glows & ignites the fuel that sprays on it :-)

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Yup - same as used in glow plug engines on model aircraft etc. It's a small coil of wire below the plug, acts like an electric fire element.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray