MX5 service ?

I've bought a 2007 MX5 coupe !! It's really nice too.. I was just wandering if any one with access to a service book can tell me what should be done ?

It's a 2.0l Sport coupe with 25k ( 57 plate )

Is there any thing other than oil and filters and possibly brake fluid because I want to check the garage has done it properly ;-)

Does any one have a link to the service schedule, I saw it on the mx5 owners club but you have to join to download it, is it worth joining ? Do garages have some sort of system that tells them what needs doing for different cars ?

Simon

Reply to
mr p

Air filter, oil filter, coolant, washer fluid, spark plus possibly, check emissions. Remove wheels and inspect brake pads/discs all round. Check all gaitors, CV boots, bushes. Check operation and condition of lights, washers, windscreen wipers and horn.

Reply to
Conor

The work done at a service depends where you go. Main dealers do not often complete a full service. There is a difference between a service that requires items to be changed and a "health check". some of the faster fitting type rip off merchants are pressurised by management to SELL. In training they are told that each corner of a car is worth so much - then to get that amount, even if it does mean telling lies. One garage will target women with a baby seat and con them in to agreeing to brake changes, then fluid changes, seals, calipers - you name it. I investigated a number of garages over a 3 year period.

Reply to
Clive

In article , Clive writes

Yeah, right, "Clive", aka the Tiscali Idiot...

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

One other question, does the MX5 use the same oil filter as a 2002 Focus 1.8 Tdci ? They look remarkably simmilar ? Both Ford/Mazda engines ?

What I was really wandering is, does the MX5 had any 'special bits' that needed more looking after ? I do know there is no cam belt change on the MX5 MK3 so that's one less thing to worry about ! I can well imagine that people want to get there cars serviced 'properly' and many have no idea what that really means.

Reply to
Simon P

If a car this new hasn't got a service book you can guarantee it's dodgy.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

its got a Mazda 'digital service record' Just rang up the dealer and they have it on their system... took blo*dy ages !

Reply to
Simon P