My good deed for the day

Stopping a bloke on the street from putting red power steering fluid in his Xantia :-)

Reply to
Clive George

I wish you'd had a word with the previous owners of my 3 Xantias, and told 'em to lower the suspension before filling with fluid. I needed to empty litres of the stuff out of all 3.

My good deed today was helping a little old lady who's backbox was scraping on the floor, she'd pulled up and was having problems with her mobile. It'd rotted before the box and had fallen to the ground, just held by 1 hanger.

I was in me scruffs, so wrestled it off and put it in her boot, she said she'd go to kwikfit, so I gave her the old "don't let them look at your brakes, and if they recommend replacing anything, just say your grandson will do it, he's a mechanic", it gave me a warm fuzzy glow ;)

That's the 3rd Punto I've "fixed" for strangers with the exact same fault...

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)