My pinking has gone!

Cause : Fuel filter

I changed my fuel filter a few days ago and I haven't heard it pink since then! There seems to be a rattle from the cat heat shield, but nothing like it was before. I gave it quite a good test, too it up a steep hill, let it struggle for a bit, and it was silent :-o. There have been a few similar sounds, but they hardly every occour and I think it's just the normal sound of the cat heat shield.

Can anybody explain why/how it made the pinking kinda noise? I think the noise was being made by the cat heat shield, but the fuel filter was causing this some how. If there wasn't enough fuel I would've expected the car to just be slower. The heat shield rattle is fairly constant, smooth and quiet now.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

placebo

Reply to
barry

Either you are a troll under a Peter's name or you are being a prat.

Reply to
Harry

I wish to god you were gone. You spent most of last year annoying people in here with your incessant babble about pinking and now it looks like you want to inflict more of the same on us. Try and get this through your head. We don't care. Go away. STFU.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Yep. And a much cheaper placebo than that Broquet snake oil.

Reply to
Mike Connally

I think enough people told you your diagnosis was wrong in the first place. It was obviously a loose heat shield that you disturbed when fitting the fuel filter. IIRC someone mentioned this as a possibility about a year ago.

Reply to
Malc

Firstly the Heat shield is nowhere near the fuel filter, and secondly the heat shield is still rattling a bit. It was the fuel filter causing the problem, not the heat shield! It would've probably been physically impossible for my dad to touch the heat shield when changing the fuel filter.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk