Nationwide Autocentres

Has anybody used the above for servicing, specifically the Shrewsbury branch? What did you think, were you happy? What do people think in general of using Nationwide for servicing instead of a main dealer? Thanks for any opinions.

Reply to
Mike Preece

Have used 2 branches in Nottingham and they are generally OK.

Did have a problem with one when I had to keep returning for the tracking to be adjusted as they couldn't get it right. Eventually they admitted they sub-contract it to a bit of a dodgy looking place round the corner, and said to take it there direct. This I did, whereupon they had another half-arsed attempt at it, then declared that the steering rack was to blame. Nationwide called me saying a new steering rack would be x hundred plus labour. At this point I got the car tracked properly, it was spot on so returned to Nationwide and asked for a refund on the tracking charge I had paid. This was given to me without argument.

The other branch in Nottingham replaced some suspension bushes. As soon as I drove the car I could tell the tracking was totally out. Drove back immediatly and asked for it to be fixed. Manager protested they "hadn't touched the tracking", but I pointed out they had changed suspension components which would affect it. They adjusted it immediately and without charge.

All the other work they did was excellent so far as I could see.

If the car is out of warranty there is little point getting it serviced at a main dealer.

Reply to
Rob

Ask in

uk.local.shropshire

Reply to
Paul

2 mistakes in 2 trips isn't a glowing recommendation.
Reply to
Doug

Can't help with Shrewsbury, but have used two branches and had very good service. I use them for the jobs I don't like doing so they've changed cambelts for me, replaced brake fluid, coolant and MOT's.

Never had a problem, and the fixed price scheme is very helpful. Also give Tesco Clubcard points, and you can pay for work in clubcard points with a good reduction if you're a premium clubcard holder (two growing lads and £75 per week in petrol/diesel helps with that!)

Reply to
Doctor D.

Well I've used them more than twice. Around half a dozen times I'd guess. The point I was trying to make was that like everyon else they are not perfect, but can at least admit their mistakes and make amends unlike some other garages.

Reply to
Rob