Nationwide Ford Warranties

Can anyone tell me what a Nationwide Ford Warranty is? I've seen it in reference to repairs and servicing on the Dagenham Motors website ("12 month work guarantee with nationwide Ford warranties") but can't find anything on Ford's website about it. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete Frederick

Reply to
Fredster

It's a piece of paper that allows you to walk in to a dealership and approach an employee. Once employee has had said paper waived at him, he is allowed on company time to roll about laughing and utter things such as, ' that's not covered, but we can book it in to the workshop and let our engineers rummage under your bonnet pulling things and unscrewing things to see if it will make a difference Sir'

'There will be a small charge for this as it isn't covered either @ £68 per hour'

' Tuesday lunchtime suit?'

(sorry, couldn't resist)

While we are on the subject, a growing trend of second-hand car sales is to stitch you up for a few more hundred quid over the screen price for a warranty too.

Screen price £3995, but we can't let it go without our warranty which is only £400 and your piece of mind.

A cynical Dave.

Reply to
Funkman

Wow! That's almost exactly the same cover you get for free just for buying from a dealer, except there's no bit of paper.

Reply to
David