NISSAM ALMERA HEATER ONLY WORKS ON FULL

Can anyone help me as my heater on my almera will only work on full or off, which is extremely anouying as we are coming into winter.

Can anyone out there help me out with some advice.

Elliot

Reply to
Elliot

The message from snipped-for-privacy@bbc.co.uk (Elliot) contains these words:

The resistor pack (or just possibly the switch) has burnt out. Where on earth Nissam (sic) hide it is another question.

Reply to
Guy King

Reply to
Mindwipe

Almost certainly the resistor pack. Note: some of these can be reset if the thermal overload has tripped (reset them by using freezer spray or otherwise making them very cold)

Other types simply burn out!

Reply to
Mark W

It's located behind the glove box in the front passenger well. Remove the electrical connector (ignition off) and the two screws. The assembly should pull out. My problem was a burnt-out track which I fixed by cleaning up and soldering some 10 amp fuse wire to bridge the gap. BTW, Haynes now publish a manual for the Almera 1995-2000.

Terry D.

Reply to
Terry D