Nissan Micra Bumper Removal

Hi All, Lost the manual.... tried Googling to no effect...

I need to get the front bumper off this car (R reg, 1998). And it's difficult... It seems to need the headlights to be removed to get the bumper off; it seems to need the bumper removing to get the headlights off. ;-(

Any tips or pointers to instructions?

Cheers, Mark M/cr

to reply by email please take the michael

Reply to
Mark D

Whee - a question I can answer. You don't need to. It's a bit easier IIRC. The headlights are pretty easy to remove - several nuts, and then the screw on top, and then heat with a hairdryer the little green clip holding onto the metal bit that won't come off.

Rebooting the machine with photos on now. Before you do this, have stuff prepared to deal with the rust on the member underneath the bumper, as with the vehicle on a ramp, it's relatively easy to remove the bottom radiator brackets, the air deflector plate et al, wirebrush them, and paint the crap out of them, to avoid further rust.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

has many pictures.Unfortuynately, I haven't yet created thumbnails, and they are not in avery logical order, so you may want to download all of them.They are removal of the bumper, and painting rustunder it.Unfortunately, due to my camera running out of battery, some points aremissing.

Reply to
Ian Stirling