Nissan Micra heater matrix leak

Hi group, I'm looking for some informed opinions as I do not really have much knowledge on this subject...

A local garage replaced the leaking heater matrix in my Nissan Micra. A few days after I got the car back, I had to take it back in because it wouldn't start at all. I was subsequently informed that the old leaking heater matrix had leaked onto the ECU and that I would need a new ECU.

Is it reasonable to think that when the heater matrix was being replaced, a competent mechanic would have noticed the leakage onto the ECU? I would not have got the heater matrix replaced if I had known there were going to be further problems. Or is this one of those things that there is no way to tell, and I have just been unlucky?

Regards Chris

Reply to
Chris

Ask yourself what you'd have thought if the mechanic said "I know the ECU isn't causing any problems, but as there was a sign of water leaking on to it I thought I'd better replace it just in case - oh and that's another £xxx on the bill". I think that probably answers your question.

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles