Nissan Primera

Good afternoon,

I've just bought a 2000 (W) Primera 2.0 SE+ that is due for a cambelt change shortly, I agreed to get it done and got it for a reasonable price.

Does any know the time usually taken for this job and what else should be renewed at the same time, ie. idle rollers, tensioner, water pump etc?

Reply to
Ian

I'm no great expert but I have a 1999 2 litre petrol automatic and my engine has a timimg chain (metal) not a belt and does not need changing unless there's an issue As a precaution I have an "oil cleaner" added during the service and then take along Mobil 1 (expensive but a good oil) and ask the Nissan dealer to use that. It was my company car (loads of miles every year) but its now my 2nd car and its just used for shopping and very occasional long drives to Wales and has done 108k without any issues

Reply to
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

I found out last night that it has a chain, do I feel st00pid or what?

When I asked whether the cam belt had been done, the seller said he thought so but we went through the service receipts and couldn't find any mention of it being done. He looked in the manual and it said change at 54k, I guess you get the same manual for both diesel and petrol models.

Anyway he knocked off £250 so that I could get it done, so good result really.

Reply to
Ian