306 wipers

Can anyone help

1996 306xsi. My wipers have decided that they wont work in intermittent wipe and they wont wipe when the washer is operated either. Any ideas. Ihave tried changing the wiper stalk but that did no good.
Reply to
leewa

The motor seal has most likely perished and water will have entered the=20 motor shorting out the internal copper tracks. New wiper motor is the=20 fix. Expect to pay around =A390 new at Eurocarparts. Easy to fit.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

But the wipers do work, just not in intermttent mode.

I'd suspect the wiper control relay is faulty or has a bad connection.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

There are three different copper tracks inside the motor IIRC which I would imagine relate to different circuits. Water enters the motor and these tracks become badly corroded. I beleive the motor could still be your problem.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

agreed

Reply to
mindwipe

I was similarly baffled and finally had all wiper modes fail on me during a horrendous thunderstorm on the outside lane of the A80 during rush hour. I had been ignoring such problems - such as no intermittent wipe - I won't do so again. I would bet money the problem is water ingress into the motor.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

you would win the bet problem is that repalacements still allow water in may be worth making up some sort of diy water shield

Reply to
mindwipe

I'm sure regular coating with a waterproofing grease on the spindle of the motor would go a long way to reduce the problem.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason