No. plate vs. year of first reg.

Yes, only to find the battery's gone flat.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Why ?. It's very consistent once you know the rules,whereas the original suffixes and prefixes were silly. XXX 123A was a 1963 car.

They should have started in 1960 with 'A', or commenced in 1963 with a a 'C' suffix and skipped 'A' and 'B'.

Ditto the 'A' prefix which started in 1983 as a consequence.

Reply to
Andrew

What if it is plugged into the wall and has a curly cable ?.

Reply to
Andrew

I know a guy who has his young daughter's home-made phonetic alphabet on his desk, it's based on animals and goes from Aardvark to Zebra (with some quite imaginative things on the way). I've never heard him use it on the phone, though :-)

Reply to
newshound