NSR Sidelight always on - Peugeot 407SW 2.0HDi 2005

Hi all,

Please has anyone seen this before as I've no idea what else to look for? A s said, the sidelight is always on (standard bulbs, not LED) regardless of ignition being on/off. I do have an ABS fault on the same corner, so I thou ght that this may be a method by which to indicate which is a faulty sensor , but on clearing the faults with Planet, the light is still on.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

Have you left the indicator turned on when you turned off the ignition? Some cars put on sidelights on one side of the car (depending on indicator switch position) as parking lights.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Hi Tim,

That was my first thought too, but no, it's not that ... if only it were :)

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

I this car new to you?

Has it ever worked properly? If so, has anybody worked on it in the days before the fault appeared?

Reply to
Graham J

Got any towing electrics? Seems like water damaged trailer indicator relays and/or socket and do funny things.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Hi Tim,

It hasn't got any towing electrics that I can find, but planet does show a trailer ECU which is disabled, do there must have been something .... just a matter of finding what. I'll keep digging, but thanks for the ideas!

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

Hi Graham,

I've had it around 4 years and has always been OK. I did have to perform the earth fix on the cluster, but that was a while ago.

Nobody but me works on them :)

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1