Oil change Puggy 206?

What is the mileage between oil changes? I thought 10000 but the service meter thingy says 20000. It's a 05 plate car.

tIA

Reply to
Dick

Best bet is to ring a dealer; interval change during production.

You won't harm it by doing it at 10k instead of 20k, of course ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

two yearly or 20k is the official frequency. I would change it every year.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Presuming it's a petrol engine. 12k for a diesel? I would change it at 10-12k too.

I had a 2004 206SW 2.0 HDi which was far happier on fully synthetic than semi, especially at cold starts. A friend has it now and it's still happy at

145k.
Reply to
Doctor D

Thus spake Doctor D ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.f.co.uk) unto the assembled multitudes:

I'm a bit of a nerd and change my Astra's oil and filter half-yearly. It's a habit born of being a motorcyclist and doing more frequent oil changes on my bike.

Reply to
A.Clews
[...]

What sort of mileage would you cover in that time, and what average journey length?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I think that's an important factor.

My journeys in the 206 were typically start from cold, drive 110 miles, park it for a few hours then travel to several sites typically 20-40 miles apart. Then drive 100+ miles home and park up for 2 days. I currently use a 2008 VW Touran 2.0 TDi this way and it tells me it wants an oil change every 19-20k on average. As I will only keep it to 80-85k I'm happy to let it decide and feed it with Millers PD Long Life oil when required.

Reply to
Doctor D

Thus spake Chris Whelan ( snipped-for-privacy@prejudicentlworld.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

In the car, about 5-6000 miles between oil changes, usually. My drive to work is 15 miles, and long trips are fairly few and far between. I do quite a lot of short trips though (5 miles or so), so I tend to use that as my excuse for more frequent changes. I'm about to hit 100,000 miles, and the engine still sounds very quiet.

Reply to
A.Clews

multitudes:

I ended up changing it today at 12k interval (28k on clock). The difference is noticeable. Much smoother.

Changed the air filter while I was at it and the new one seemed much deeper than the last one I fitted. It also had a black foam pad across it. It seems to fit and runs fine but I'm a tad worried as it's due for MOT next week and don't really want to upset the emissions. Is this just a different type?

Reply to
Dick

PS the filters old and new both came from a main Puggy dealer.

Reply to
Dick

Thus spake Dick ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

I can't imagine original equipment/manufacturer filters are going to cause an MOT issue. I'd be more concerned if they were pattern filters. Unless of course your Pug dealer is selling pattern filters :-0

Reply to
A.Clews