Oil on Airfilter?

Had the airbox open on my Ka, and noticed the back half of the oil filter is all gunged up with oil. There's an oily sponge type thing in the back of the airbox, and the other half is clean. What's all that about then?

Reply to
Doki

This is the crankcase breather pipe venting into the airbox - nothing to worry about, just give it a clean and stick it back on.

Reply to
Ben Organ

I'd be quite concerned if the air filter was "all gunged up with oil" - that only happened to an old Astra of mine and that was ferked!

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Aye, but there's not supposed to be loads of it. Mine jew, 'tis a Ford...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

True - depends how much there is.. after 35k miles the filter sponge was full and there was a layer across the bottom of the air box and a little pool :)

Reply to
Ben Organ

With a wheezy old Kent lump at that ;-)

Reply to