Oil Website

ISTR someone posting the url of a website with a lot of info about oil and oil specifications. Has anyone got it? Wouldn't mind being able to tell if oil's any good or not, rather than going by how dear it is.

Reply to
Doki

In message , Doki writes

Watch the word wrap.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Try this

for 'high end' oils Huw

Reply to
Huw

I know the site you mean - but alas I failed to bookmark it - and searching google groups for "oil" - well - I'm sure you can image how fun that was ..

Besides - there's plenty of other sites around that have a good desc .. here's one I found ..

-- Andy Jenkins UK Broadband Usergroup :

Andy Jenkins

This is an American biased site that is years out of date unfortunately. The comments about 10w/40 are at least 10 years out and there are oils out there today fit for 100,000kms *in appropriate engines* of this viscosity. Nevertheless, if you can sort the wheat from the chaff, it contains useful information, like the relationship between gear and engine oil viscosity scales.

Huw

Reply to
Huw