OLD CLIO NEW GEARBOX !!!

Hi

I have an old 1992 Clio automatic. Gearbox has completely given up and i have been offered an old clio for parts with a good gear box. Is it worth me trying to fit the gearbox myself? I dont know much about fitting parts! I bought the car two weeks ago and cannot really afford to go and pay a mechanic at the moment!

Any suggestions, help appreciated!!

Jon

Reply to
Tuchet

Crusher.

It's the only sane thing to do with an old slushomatic Clio with a knackered 'box.

Reply to
SteveH

The message from "Tuchet" contains these words:

They do that sir.

Beware, there are two gearboxes (at least). One's a four-speed electronic thing, the other's a three speed hydraulic one.

Reply to
Guy King

even if it is the right box in good condition, then it is a fairly awkward job if you know what you are doing, it is not really diy.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

thanks for help! a few hundred pound down the drain then!! and only bought it to last my wife through her pregnancy!! selling it now and cutting my losses!!! :(

Jon

Reply to
Tuchet